Purchase of Property
Purchasing your first home or any house can be daunting. There are a lot of competing interests you have to weigh up – whether there really is another purchaser, whether you have to bid against yourself or whether it is your dream home.
Common issues that purchasers may face, include:
- Delayed settlement;
- Issues with incoming mortgagee;
- Promises and representations made by real estate agent that are incorrect;
- Zoning issues;
- Water access licences;
- Tenant related issues; or
- Requirement for early access.
Why do you need a lawyer?
It will most likely be your biggest purchase in your lifetime and you need to make sure you know exactly what you’re purchasing. A lawyer should:
- Review the Contract, properly advise you on what you are purchasing and the risks involved, giving you options and assisting you in negotiations.
- Assist in the exchange of the Contract and payment of deposit, ensuring that you do not lose your deposit unfairly.
- Finalise the purchase without any stress by dealing with the agent, the vendor, your bank and any other parties.
How we can help you?
We hold your hand throughout the process and are next to you every step of the way ensuring that you are properly and adequately advised every step of the way – making decisions much easier! We provide you with verbal advice on your Contract as well as written letter of advice for you to review at home with your family.
We understand the risks associated with a purchase and make sure that we minimise as many as we can.
We have connections with other professionals (e.g. brokers, removalists, real estate agents etc) which can help you with the other aspects of your purchase. We also offer fixed professional costs on our standard conveyances.